Tuesday, August 18, 2009

9 Months Old!

Miss Elizabeth turned 9 months old on Saturday! I can't believe she'll be one year old in three short months. She is, well, ridiculous. She continues to adore her big brother and has really started to try to play with him lately. She will just crawl around behind him and grab at the toys he's playing with. Jack alternates between ignoring her and getting utterly annoyed that the "Ellie Monster" is touching his toys.

Ellie weighs about 19 pounds, which might not sound like much, but Jack didn't weigh that until he was nearly a year old. She's a very good eater and has been tasting a lot of our table food if I cut it into small pieces. She still doesn't have any teeth, though. She may need dentures, apparently. She is addicted to those Gerber Puffs and will cruise along the coffee table if you place the Puffs like a trail to bribe her. But, seriously, if she's fussy, she calms the instant she sees the Puffs. It's hysterical in a my-child-is-food-obsessed kind of way.So, here's what you're all waiting for... the photos! Sadly, I really don't have a good picture with the "I'm 9 Months Old Today" sign. Yet. We'll cheat and try again when Kevin is around to help out.

All dressed up for her big photos and all she got out of it was a knot under her eye. Poor thing was on the losing end of a run in with the coffee table. I was terrified it was going to turn hugely black and blue but thankfully it didn't and actually looks almost normal now.

5 comments:

Papa Lou said...

We love the dress, we love the hair, the blue eyes, we just love everything about her. She looks great in her little dress and also love the shoes. Congratulations on making it to 9 months Ellie.

Keep up the good work mommy...

Cheyenne and John said...

She sure is a pretty lil thing. I love her outfit. And that hair (maybe it's the pictures) looks kinda red!! She's a doll!

Sasa said...

Ditto Memere and Papa Lou. She's gorgeous, with a personality to match.

Kacee said...

She's adorable! And she weighs as much as Ruby...who is 17 months old!! That's funny to me. I'd love to see those girls side by side, just to do a thigh comparison.

Amy Higley said...

When you say rediculous, you mean rediculously adorable. She is just the cutest, sweetest girl. I love her. Nice dress, I remember that when she was born, thinking she'd be so huge by the time she wore it. Almost a whole year, that seems impossible.

I take great offense at the dentures part. I didn't get teeth until long after I was "supposed" to. She'll get teeth when she's ready. : )