Thursday, July 10, 2008

We've Created a (Cars) Monster

A week or two ago we received the movie Cars from Netflix. We requested it because neither Kevin nor I had seen it and we heard it was fun. Jack saw the DVD and immediately recognized the image on it from a Cars book he received for Christmas. "Car!" he yelled over and over. I thought I'd play the movie and see how Jack reacted. That was my first mistake. He was hooked from the first big race scene, yelling and cheering at the speeding cars. He didn't (and doesn't) sit through the movie, but he asks to watch it often. To the point that he seriously asks shortly after waking up and all day until he goes to bed.

Luckily we now have other Cars activities to feed his craving. Jack often colors in his Cars coloring book. Here he is with the book that started it all.

How can I resist playing a bit of the movie for Jack when I see this?

I tried to get another video of Jack talking about Cars, but he saw the camera and said, "Cheese!"

3 comments:

Papa Lou said...

I don't think we can wait until Sep...looking forward to lots of lovin and kissin...

The Penrod Pack said...

I can't get over how much he looks like Kevin!! So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

So freakin' cute.