Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Four Months Old

Elizabeth is four months old. I think I start every monthly update with the line "I can't believe she's already X months old." But, let me tell you, I CAN believe she's four months old. Month three seemed to take forever.

Ellie continues to develop into a sweet little baby girl and, for the most part, is happy and giggly. She is still a more difficult baby than Jack ever was. We'd just started to get a real nap and bedtime routine going until she caught a bit of a cold the other day. Boo to that! It's really sad to see her little nose running.

At her four month well baby last week (a week early), Ellie weighed 12 pounds and 14 ounces and was 23 and 3/4 inches long. The doctor said both were just under the 50th percentile. Of course, when I looked it up online I found charts putting her much closer to the 25th percentile. Anybody know what's up with that? Very confusing.

I took a ton of pictures this morning (a day late) because it was actually kind of sunny after four days of rain and yuckiness.

Her eyes are still blue. I wonder if they're going to stay...Does she look like her Aunt Amy or what?
Edited to add: I'm totally getting teary looking at this post. She looks so big! But, she's my little baby. How did this happen?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful! What a lovely little girl she is.

The Kendall Family said...

Time is flying:( Ellie is so photogenic!! I worry about Hailey not being as easy as Wes was/is...owell!!

Anonymous said...

I got teary for you too! They get so big so fast!

Amy Higley said...

I got teary because she is absolutely Freaking BEAUTIFUL and I love her. Those are the best pictures of her yet, I think, and she is as cute as she possibly could be. I can't wait to kiss that belly and her fatty cheeks. Oh my Gosh!!!!

Cheyenne and John said...

Beautiful little thing! I love her curly hair and her bright eyes!! Man it goes fast!!!

Anonymous said...

She's a precious little girl and I miss her and Jack!