Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Other Blog

So, I'm sure you've noticed that I have not been updating this blog as much as I used to. I started The Shopping Mama for fun, but it is taking up almost all of my free time. It's defnitely taking more time than I anticipated.

Here's an example of what I squeeze into a nap time for TSM blog: browse around online for things I like, request permission to use images, contact companies to pitch a giveaway, network with other blogs, promote the blog, posts and giveaway sponsors on blogs, Twitter (which, by the way, is totally weird), Facebook, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's totally fun and worth it, but it's strange how quickly it has turned into a total time-suck.

Several people have asked if I'm making any money. And, no, I'm not. I have Google Ads on the blog that pay depending on the number of hits on the site and clicks on the ads (so, yeah, feel free to click away, hint hint), but they are pretty much worthless. So, no cash, but I have gotten a few things from companies to review for the blog that I get to keep. (Jack's C.Belly belts, for example.) The best part is getting to giveaway things. And I also love hearing that people have purchased things I've written about.

So... that's why Adventures of the Lord Family has been lame lately. I'm going to try to at least post pictures a few times a week so you can see what the cutest kids ever are up to.

4 comments:

Kacee said...

I was wondering about the money thing, too. What a bummer you don't get any! It's great fun to read, though, and you have a very funny blog sense of humor. Some people don't come across so well "in the written word." So keep it up, you shopping mama! Your kids are darling, still, and I love Elizabeth's wild hair.

The Andersons said...

I love your new blog--makes me wish I had kids so I could by all that cool stuff you're finding!

Kate said...

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoy reading it.

Cheyenne and John said...

Your blog is way fun to check in on!! You're amazing for doing the leg work for all of us "mom's" who might be looking for the perfect accessory! Good job TSM! Love it!