Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt and the Big Bunny

Okay, so I have about a million photos from our awesome weekend in Kiawah Island with Jenny, Jack and Luke. I'm working my way through them and will post the highlights (like Ellie and Luke being the cutest babies ever).

Sunday morning we went to an Easter Egg Hunt and met the Easter Bunny! Turns out Jack is still NOT a fan of giant dressed up characters. All day when anyone mentioned the Easter bunny, he said, "I cry" even though he totally didn't. He just insisted I hold him and refused to smile for photos. Ellie, on the other hand, was fascinated and starred at the giant bunny. See:
The Kiawah Island Easter Egg Hunt was awesome! They literally "hid" over 10,000 eggs (and then collected empty eggs at the end to recycle them). The hunt was divided into age groups and the Jacks (Lord and Felsen) were in the up to three year old section on the sand volleyball court.

I learned something new about my son during the hunt - he's very competitive. I had to hold him back until the hunt officially began and once he heard the word, "go" he took off running. I love this picture because you can see he is the only kid around. Apparently the other children were not as eager to get their hunt on. What's so ridiculous is that he ran past about a million eggs to the opposite side of the court to start grabbing eggs.
I have about a thousand pictures of Jack putting eggs in his basket, but they all look the same and are kind of boring.Showing off his full basket!I think this is his "Ha ha, suckers... I got all the good eggs!" face.My sweet boy in his Easter duds. (I know the tie is poorly tied, but it was the best we could do after literally trying for hours.)

No comments: