Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

Jack had his first dentist appointment this morning at the interesting Kool Smiles of Sumter. He played on the slide and loved the dentist's office. Until he had to go to the back with the hygienist. I was kind of surprised that they took my little boy back all alone without his mommy. Luckily there was a one-way glass mirror window thing to peek through so I could watch Jack the whole time.
He got wheeled around in a car to and from the X-ray room. Jack totally caught me taking pictures through the small window on the door because I couldn't get any through the window I was supposed to be using.As Jack dutifully reported afterwards, he cried because the toothpaste was "Yukty." It kind of looks like he's being held down to be tortured, but I actually think it was nice that he was held rather than laying on the chair.

Jack did great, but we get a big ol' F as parents. He has two small cavities on his canine or incisor or whatever teeth. I blame it on the non-flourinated water in Florida. I'm sure it has nothing to do with his one-time chocolate addiction. I know, we suck. And now we get to go back to Kool Smiles in two weeks so Jack can have cavities filled. The thought makes me want to cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad.... when I was a baby my parents put me in bed with a bottle of milk every night and the milk pooled in my mouth (after I fell asleep) and rotted my back teeth, or at least one tooth anyway, which I remember having pulled when I was about 5. Good times!

Monica said...

Aww, Kate! Don't feel bad..I am sure it was the FL water! Either way, they are baby teeth, on their way out anyway, right??