Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years in Afghanistan

While Christmas 2010 was a day of many firsts, New Years was also a day first... I rung in the New Year in Afghanistan...what a cold, windy, and dusty place.  It was definitely interesting and really made me appreciate where I am now.  Here are some pictures from the trip:
I didn't take this picture, or fly on THIS plane, but I rode in a C-20 like this...
This is what it looked like on the inside...notice the disgruntled "steward" in the background
The Afghan countryside view from the base
Slightly better view...no T-Wall installed yet
Standing in front of an MRAP...HMMWV's are so 2003
MRAP Convoy leaving the base
I dont look very tough, but it was friggin' cold

2 comments:

The Shopping Mama said...

You might not look tough, but you look friggin skinny. You'd better be eating enough, mister.

Aunt Amy said...

Happy New Year, Kevin!

Kate's right, you do look hella skinny. I owe you several delicious meals when I see you... you can make a list of requests if you'd like.

Hang in there, man. And thanks for the updates, I like to see that you're alright.

XOXOX
AMY