Friday, October 29, 2010

Everyday is Tuesday

My boss asked today what day it was, I said, "Its Friday."  He said, "No, Dubs, it is Tuesday.  I will tell you why:
Saturday and Sunday are weekends; we don’t have weekends at this undisclosed location in Southwest Asia, so it can't be Saturday or Sunday.  Friday is the day before the weekend; there are no weekends here, so there is no Friday.  Monday is the day after the weekend; there are no weekends here, so there is no Monday.  Wednesday is hump day, never over the hump because there are no weekends here, so there is no Wednesday.  Thursday is the big college night, the big pre-Friday night, there are no Fridays here, so there is no Thursday.  Therefore, everyday here is Tuesday."

He wasn't lying.  It was Friday, but we didnt leave work until 700 pm and we plan on being to work at 0700 am tomorrow morning.  Oh well...I guess I will get used to it.  But as promised, here are some pictures of my room.
Here is the view of my bed, desk, and entrance to my room.
Here is looking from the entrance at the tv.  Notice game 2 of the world series on the armed forces network.

Here is my desk from the room entrance.  You can see my sink and the entrance to my shared kitchen.
This is the shared kitchen
The shared kitchen looking the other way and you can see the bathroom.
 So all in all not bad at all.


4 comments:

Papa Lou said...

Hi Kev,

7 day workweek is a good way to pass the time:) Reminds me of another saying "TGIF, only two more days to go". Your room looks very comfortable.

Hope all continues to go well and thanks for the photos.

Later...Mom and Dad

The Shopping Mama said...

Well that Every Day is Tuesday story is a little depressing. But, at least you won't have too much time to get bored.

Your room looks nice. Can you put stuff on the walls? I can't tell if you have things hanging on them or not.

Anonymous said...

Great quote!! Nothing better than working your ass off to get through tough times quickly and productively....I can relate!!

Your room looks great - laptop, tv, about 200 sf - that would cost about 189K in Brooklyn!!

Big kisses and hugs from the Rhodes girls. Keep the blogging up and the love in your heart!

Love,
Jennifer

CAS said...

Dude, no Friday...no way.

I just heard from a survey that Tuesday at 11:45 is actually the worst moment of the entire week. The next time your boss tells this story, chime in that it's not just Tuesday, but also 11:45 all the time.