Sunday, October 24, 2010

The journey begins

My posts will be a little out of order. Had a really awesome post that wrote about leaving Columbus, but I didn't get a chance to send it because I couldn't find any wifi in Baltimore, but it is 2000L and my 365 day countdown pretty much starts officially now. Had an awesome surprise... meeting one of my best friends from the Academy, Peter, in line checking in for the flight downrange. We decided that instead of feeling sorry for ourselves in the BWI terminal that we would take a cab down to the Baltimore downtown and have an awesome steak dinner at "the capital grill". Pete actually already had plans and invited me along with him and one of his family friends, Graham. Graham was a great guy and picked up the tab for all of us. It was a great last meal before we leave and I was very grateful. Here's a picture from the dinner.



Standby for updates from Germany and the post about leaving Columbus. Kate, please email some of the pictures from today.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

GMM said...

Great to meet you Kevin...best of luck over the coming year. We'll be thinking about you guys from Baltimore...Graham