Monday, October 25, 2010

It begins

I am on my first leg of my journey, i think the hardest wart is already over, leaving Kate and the kids. It was pretty awesome, we started the morning with an awesome brunch at Easton and then Rappa, Sasa, Mike, Austin, and kate and the kids all went to the airport. Some of Sasa's friends, the Scherners, met us at the airport. Kate had a big banner (Kate should be able to post some pictures) and flags for the kids. They all waved their flags and held up the banner, while all the other people in the Columbus airport looked at us like we are crazy people. I am not wearing a uniform and there aren't too many bases near Columbus so it was understandably a little different then what people are used to seeing in Ohio.

The flight from Ohio to Baltimore is only an hour. Once i get to Baltimore i will have to get all my luggage (my two massive duffle bags that were well over the 50 lb weight limit, but southwest airlines hooked it up, didn't even try to charge me extra. Maybe it was the crazy family waving flags or the 33 year old man balling his eyes out, whatever it was, it was enough to convince them that my overweight bags were justified). We were also able to get passes for Kate and the kids to go through security with me and hang out at the Kate. The kids, thankfully don't really seem to understand what is going on, so they were content to stuff their faces with Buckeyes from Rappa, and color.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: