Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My first post from downrange

I have been here for two days now, sorry for not writing sooner...but things have been a little busy. I landed here from my flight from Baltimore approximately 30 hours after I left. We stopped in Ramstein for 6 hours; left Ramstein flew to Aviano for a three hour layover, and then onto Qatar. We landed at 0100 in the morning local time, 30 hours after I left Baltimore. We then spent 4.5 hours doing our initial in-processing. I cleared customs and walked out of the air terminal at 0445. My new boss was there waiting for me, apparently he had been there since 0200 in the morning, despite it all, he was very accommodating and had everything set up for me. He took me straight to my room and told me that I could just give him a call when I was ready to come into work. I took a little nap and decided that I didn’t have anything else to do so I called up my boss and went in.
Not very exciting from then on…just did a whole bunch more in processing and started to meet everyone who I will be working with over the next year. I know that the most interesting part of this blog will be the pictures and interesting experiences along the way. I am not sure what I can/cant take pictures so I don’t have any yet. And I really haven’t done anything the last two days other then in process so not may interesting experiences.
I will say that the internet here is awesome, way better then I expected…so if you want to skype or FaceTime let me know, I haven’t had any problems getting it to work.
I will try to take some pictures tomorrow so you can see what this place looks like. But until then here is an awesome picture of Kate and I at the Buckeyes game last Saturday.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you got there OK. What a long trip! So glad that you were able to travel with Pete.

Kate and the kids are doing well and getting settled in. I went over there to play this morning while Kate toured a couple of preschools. They don't do the two year old thing here, I guess.

Glad your new boss seems nice. I look forward to seeing some pictures from there.

Memere and Papa Lou said...

My Shun,

Thanks for the update. We're relieved that you made it safely and that you are beginning to get settled in. We're confident that once you get started on the daily routine, you will make the most of any difficult situation. Remember to always THNIK POSITIVE.

Looking forward to more updates and photos.

Love, Mom and Dad

Monica Tyler said...

So glad you made it there safely :) Looking forward to hearing about your adventures! Don't worry, I will keep Kate busy:)

The Shopping Mama said...

Hey bud, So glad you are getting settled in. I can't wait to see some photos. We miss you!

CAS said...

Run every day, talk to your kids as often as possible, don't get hurt.

CAS said...

Dubs, run every day, talk to your kids as often as possible, don't get hurt.

Oh, don't get brainwashed either. You're a fighter pilot, not a pounder. Don't forget.