Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Gymnastics Class

I think it's safe to say gymnastics class was a hit. Jack had a blast and we are both worn out! I wasn't able to get any photos today because I was pretty busy doing my share of the "parent and tot" class, but I hope to get a few next week.


We played on three different "circuits" around the gym. The first focused on floor work so Jack did forward and backward rolls and jumped on a trampoline. He really seemed quite pleased with himself every time the teacher or I would flip him over to complete a roll. The second phase was the vault. This involved a lot of climbing and jumping and I was exhausted after doing the exercises a few times. The last circuit was on the bar and the styrofoam pit. Jack seriously hung onto rings and a bar like a little monkey and then dropped when instructed onto the mat. It was hysterical. He especially liked going down the slide into the giant blocks of styrofoam.


The last bit of class was spent running around chasing bubbles. The teacher, Miss Kathy, instructed the kids to catch, pop and stomp on the bubbles. Jack would watch the other kids for a minute to see how they were doing it and then join right in. He really did great today considering it was his first class. He lasted the entire hour and Miss Kathy was impressed he hung in and participated the whole time and he was the youngest in the class to do so.


Here's Jack after gymnastics class. I anticipate a good nap this afternoon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, he is darling. Looks more like Uncle Mike every day, seriously! Does that mean you'll have a girl and she'll look just like me? Lucky you! haha

When are you coming to visit me? I want to see him before November... :(

Love the blog. I'm making one. Myspace sucks. Love to K, K, J & baby.

Ms. O'C said...

His legs look so long in this photo! I want someone to drive me around so I can sleep like that in the car.

Kristin said...

I was thinking the same thing as Chrissy...he looks sooo tall!