Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Learn to Survive" - Swim Lessons

So Myrna, Jack's swim teacher, got all gung-ho on us and today's lesson was all about teaching the kids to "learn to survive" in a realistic situation. Jack went into the water fully clothed, we tested Jack's life jacket by dropping him in the water off the diving board and he also went off the board to practice floating and getting to the side of the pool. I didn't get any pictures, but I have several awesome videos from today.

This is Jack floating with Myrna and then rolling over to get to the wall.


Jack floats by himself for a couple seconds!


Here's some craziness. Jack goes off the diving board, Myrna helps him to the side of the pool and Jack pulls himself up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing! By the way, you look great,Kate.

Cheyenne and John said...

Oh my gosh- I had to watch that last video like 5 times.. I am amazed!! Very cool!!

Ms. O'C said...

Myrna is a lot tanner than Jack.

Anonymous said...

I kinda got choked up. He got the swimmer gene from me. :)

Anonymous said...

For once, I am almost speechless. And I still agree with Lisa, HE IS CUTE.