Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kristin was Here!

Kristin (a great friend from Mount Holyoke and my roommate from NYC!) was in Destin for the weekend to attend a crazy birthday celebration. When she was done partying or whatever it is those crazy kids without kids do, she came to stay with Jack and me for a couple nights.

This was Kristin's first time meeting Jack and I think they got along quite well!To be honest, we did a bunch of catching up and hanging around and not so much running around. Although, Kristin did have the joy of accompanying me to the doctor's office yesterday. (Poor planning on my part!) Last night Jack stayed home with his babysitter and Kristin and I had a very nice dinner at a great restaurant on the beach in Destin. Sadly, we didn't get any pictures of the two of us while we were looking cute!

Today we went for a walk at the Turkey Creek Nature Walk. The first half of our walk was great. Here's Kristin wading in the water.

Moments later, the skies opened and it freaking poured! We had to walk / run the entire length of the walk back to shelter and we were completely drenched. Poor Jack did not like his brisk stroller ride in the pouring rain.

Now Jack and I are hanging by ourselves for the next couple weeks until Kevin gets home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we got to see Kristin, even if for such a short time.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that I got to see yall too! And Jack is just sooo darling--definitely a treat to finally get to meet him! :-)