Saturday, August 9, 2008

Learning to Sew

My birthday present from Kevin and Jack was an awesome sewing machine. I'm really excited about learning to sew and my mom gave me some lessons while visiting. We started by making a dress from a pattern she brought that was printed in 1969. Amy and I wore dresses made from this pattern when we were little and now Baby Girl will wear her very own.

Here is my first sewing creation (made with lots of help and instruction from mom). It's a cute little reversible pinafore dress. Back view with bloomers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool. I will definitely have to learn at some point.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sewing project. Better get in all the sewing you can now, cause I think you might have your hands full come November! Sewing is fun!
Memere

The Andersons said...

I love the model! Betcha can't wait for baby girl wear it.
I always wanted to learn to sew! When I finally do, I'll look to you for pointers!